Want to Join?
The Subsonix Dragon Boat Club encourages anyone who may have questions regarding the sport or our Club to contact any committee member.
The Club is always seeking new members, whether they be Sports, Social, or School paddlers (school paddlers must be secondary students) and new paddlers may try out at any time during the season. No experience is necessary – you will be taught everything you need to know and all equipment is supplied. And coming out to training is free for the first 4 visits!
Fees shall be paid to the Club Treasurer on or before the first day of the season. However, staged payments can be arranged.
Fees below include DBSA registration fee, training jersey, racing jersey and cap.
Fees for Season 2018/2019
- Adult: $350
- Junior: $225
- Retiree: $308
- Social (non-racing): $230
Some of the benefits of joining the SUBSONIX Dragon Boat Club include receiving:
- A training top and cap;
- Race day personal injury insurance cover (see the Treasurer for more details);
- Travel subsidies to national and international dragon boating events;
- Free use of Club paddles;
- Local competition (Dragon Boat SA) race entry fees paid for;
- Feelings of fitness, camaraderie, achievement and fun!
If you have made up your mind and definitely want to join SUBSONIX then you can download a membership application form below. Please print the application, fill out the details, and then email or bring to training.
If you’re interested in joining or would like more information please fill in the details below and we will be in touch.
OUR CLUB AIMS
In no particular order, the SUBSONIX Dragon Boat Club‘s goals are to:
- Have fun and keep fit!
- Recruit heavily, fundraise effectively, work heartily and manage intelligently, to ensure the long term success of the Club.
- Field three Divisions of sport, social and school teams in the local competition, entering both TENS and TWENTIES in all categories of open, mixed and WOMEN’S (where possible).
- Promote dragon boating as a very friendly and social team sport, and provide this at minimum expense to members.
- Develop our Club spirit and unity, by encouraging each member to actively become involved with the welfare and safety of all other members, and the Club as a whole.
- Give financial and other support to those less fortunate than ourselves, through acts of generosity and selflessness – further enhancing our Club spirit.
- Support and promote our Club sponsors at all times through networking, advertising and ambassadorial conduct.
- Support and compete in all designated races, and achieve finals berths in two or more Categories and Divisions of the local South Australian Dragon Boat Championships.